Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This flavorful, low-fat dish is made in one pan. Add a vegetable and dinner is ready.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch scallion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 5 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups boiling water
- Chop scallions, separating green part from white part.
- Saute garlic, ginger and white part of scallions in oil in a large, deep skillet or wok for 30 seconds.
- Add meat and saute, breaking up with a spoon.
- Cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, water chestnuts, and red pepper flakes and stir until well combined.
- Add boiling water and noodles and stir well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until noodles are tender, about 7- 10 minutes, stirring once or twice to make sure sure noodles are cooking evenly.
- Garnish with chopped green scallion.
I don't feel that the egg noodles and ground turkey worked well with the Asian spices.
Secret, I was just going to post this, but you beat me to it, so you win -- a review! I've made this several times over the past couple years. It's not fancy, but it's so easy to make, takes only one pan, and it tastes really great. I usually reduce the red pepper a bit to accomodate DangerBoy. Spicy food is to DangerBoy as Kryptonite is to Superman! The rest of us add a bit of Frank's Red Hot Sauce to our portions at the table.
I love this recipe. It's got a little zip to it and is easy enough to make after a long day at work.