Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have taken this to many potlucks and am always asked for the recipe. I like to make the dressing sometimes to serve on a regular tossed salad.
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil or 118.29 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 22.18 ml minced onions
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 453.59 g fresh spinach, washed and torn
- 236.59 ml fresh bean sprouts or 1 can bean sprouts
- 113.39 g can water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
- 226.79 g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 78.07 ml sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- tomatoes, cut-up (optional)
- Make the dressing at least a few hours in advance to"meld" the flavors.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Pour boiling water over the bean sprouts;let stand a few minutes and drain.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together and chill until serving.
- Just before serving, toss with dressing.