Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this dish at room temperature. You can use cooked chicken or turkey in place of beef, you can really add in other vegetables also to this dish like frozen baby peas or broccoli florets. You might want to double the dressing it is so good! Prep time does not include cooking the pasta.
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- 4 cups cooked beef, thinly sliced and cut into strips (can use more)
- 5 green onions, chopped (can use more)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into small strips
- sesame seeds or peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce (add in a bit more if desired for extra heat)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili sauce, brown sugar, ginger and 3 tablespoons broth in a processor; blend until smooth (adding in only a few more tablespoons broth if needed until desired texture is achieved) season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until JUST firm-tender drain and rinse under cold water; then transfer to a large bowl,.
- Add in the cooked beef or chicken, green onions and bell pepper; toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing over and toss to coat.
- Season with more salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with peanuts or sesame seeds.