Recipe by Gwen35
A nice, piquant soup - almost a meal in a bowl. If you find ground pork too fatty, buy a piece of lean pork (maybe a tenderloin) and cut it in very find dice.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon beef base
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown pork in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Remove pork and drain, reserving 1 tablespoons fat.
- Over medium-high heat, saute peppers, onion, mushrooms and garlic in reserved fat, for two or three minutes.
- Combine soup base, ginger and crushed chilies, then add water gradually, stirring well to blend.
- Stir in soy sauce and pour over vegetables.
- Add cooked pork and bring to a boil.
- Add bean sprouts and simmer, covered, for three minutes.