Recipe by Hitesh Kumar
I love cooking for my family & friends. This recipe is Awesome, as it has Oriental flavor with Hot chilly taste....
Top Review by Bergy
This was a very tasty recipe but unfortunately I didn't use the curry leaf and it needed a bit more zip. I did add 1/2 tsp chili flakes and that fixed it but I think the curry leaf would make it just right. Very easy recipe to make. Lovely idea having the diced potatoes in the reciipe. Served with steamed broccoli on the side & a Jicama salad
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken
- 2 onions, cut thin & long
- 2 potatoes
- 1 bulb of garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, crushed
- 4 chilies, slit lengthwise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 50 ml light soy sauce
- 50 ml oyster sauce
- curry leaf (optional)
- canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into small bite pieces. Wash in cold water and drain well.
- Peel potato and cut into 1.5cm cubes. Keep soaked in water until requied.
- Heat a Wok on medium heat. Add enough oil.
- Add 1/2 tspn salt, then add Curry leaves and 1 Onion. Saute on medium heat until onion is clear. Keep stirring.
- Add Chillies and stirr for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add Garlic and Ginger paste and stir. Turn Heat to low (to avoid the burning)
- Add chicken, salt and stir well. Turn heat to medium. Add 1/2 Cup water. Cover for 2 minutes.
- Add Light Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce and Black Pepper. Drain Potatos and add. Mix well and cover for 3 minutes.
- Stir well and taste for salt and other sauces. Cook in medium heat and occassionally stir.
- You will note the gravy getting thicker and dry. Check if Chicken is nearly cooked, also check potato.Add little water if gravy is dry and if you need to cook a few minutes more. Stir and cover.
- When nearly done, add balance of Onion and Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now Stir well, turn heat off and keep covered for 10 minutes.