Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This dish takes some time to make, but the tender cauliflower in a spicy, exotic sauce is worth it! Add some cooked rice and maybe some cooked ground beef/lamb and a green salad for a wonderful dinner!
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour (approx.)
- 1 liter oil, for dee frying
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower in medium-sized florets and cook them in boiling water until almost done.
- Pat them dry and coat them first with the beaten egg, then with the flour.
- Heat the oil until hot enough for deep frying, then deep-fry the cauliflower until golden and crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Now prepare the sauce:.
- Mince the garlic cloves and -in a large pan- fry them in the olive oil for about one minute, then add the tomato paste. Fry a few more seconds, then add the water and stir well.
- Add the parsley, salt, pepper, coriander and cumin and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Check for seasoning, then add the cauliflower to the sauce and let it simmer another 15 minutes.