Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great marinade for chicken or fish, but be warned… its got a kick! I Use Melinda’s hot sauce. Best to use fresh squeezed citrus juices, but if you don’t have them on hand, store bought will work as well. I like to marinade for at least. If you are looking to pair a wine with this, go for a Riesling. The high sugar content and low alcohol will cleanse the pallet. A chardonnay will magnify the heat of the sauce.
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I use Melinda's)
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients and pour over chicken or fish to marinade.
- For full saturation, prick chicken with fork prior to marinating.
- If desired, reserve some of the sauce to pour over chicken when served.