1/2 Photos of Spicy Orange-Ginger Chicken
This is Szechuan type of stir fry. You can vary the spiciness by the amount of chili sauce you add. It is a very colourful dish which is nice with rice to soak up the delicious sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange
- 3/4 cup orange juice (from the orange, but add more if you don't get 3/4 c.)
- 3 teaspoons Thai sweet chili sauce (or bottled chili paste)
- 1/4 cup sherry wine (you can substitute white wine, but add more sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- vegetable oil
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1Halve the peppers, remove the ribs and seeds, and cut into strips.
- 2Using vegetable peeler, remove the rind (orange part only) from the orange.
- 3Cut the rind into very thin julienne strips about 3 inches long.
- 4Squeeze the orange.
- 5Add more frozen juice if necessary to make 3/4 cup.
- 6In a bowl, combine orange juice, chili sauce, sherry, sugar, and cornstarch.Stir until smooth
- 7In wok, heat oil over high heat and stir-fry chicken until browned and cooked through.
- 8Remove chicken.
- 9Add orange rind, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until aromatic.
- 10Add peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 11Add the chili sauce mixture and return the chicken to the wok.
- 12Cook until the sauce is thickened.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Orange-Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 39.7 g