Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- powdered sugar
- Cream together shortening,brown sugar and eggs.
- Blend in grated orange peel and orange juice.
- Stir together thoroughlythe flour,baking soda,spices and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in rasins and nuts.
- Spread in greased 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes.
- Cool,cut into diamonds or bars.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These cookies are so good and easy to make too. I just love bar cookies and these will be one of those keepers.