Recipe by melyndalaurent
This is based on a recipe I found in Everyday Food Magazine
Top Review by Beachlover2013
Wow...this is simple and amazingly delicious. I used the store bought bag of stir fry veggies, added some green onions, red and yellow peppers too. Substituted chicken broth for the water and used just a small amount of red pepper flakes cuz I don't like anything too hot! You can always add more if you like some heat. I cut the recipe in half for two people and it was perfect. Will definitely use this recipe again and forfeit going out for Chinese!
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and thinly sliced
- 5 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corn starch in a medium bowl and gradually whisk in OJ until smooth. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, garlic and red pepper flakes, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In pot or wok heat oil over medium-high. Working in batches, cook chicken until slightly browned and cook through. Transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts and 1/2 cup water into wok. Cook, partially covered until broccoli is bright green, about 3 minutes. Add chicken back to wok along with cornstarch mixture, bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens- 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice.