Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
From Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes.
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb. total weight)
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 4 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 4 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch long strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a saucepan, mix together the broth, orange juice, ginger, and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add in chicken breasts; cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170° on an instant read thermometer; turn over halfway through the cooking.
- Add in the snow peas; cover and cook 2 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Remove chicken and snow peas using a slotted spoon; cool chicken and cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, boil cooking liquid until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 10 minutes).
- Whisk in the honey, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil to make a dressing (may serve this warm or chill in the freezer for 15 minutes).
- To serve salad: line individual salad plates with cabbage and romaine lettuce.
- Toss the chicken, snow peas, water chestnuts, bell pepper, and half the dressing; spoon mixture onto salad plates.
- Sprinkle with peanuts; serve with remaining dressing.