Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Originally from a Beef Marketing Board leaflet. Delicious and quick weeknight dinner, using leftover roast beef. Not exactly the most authentic orange beef, but really worthwhile nonetheless.
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot, on diagonal
- 2 cups cooked beef, cut in small cubes
- Combine beef bouillon powder, water, marmalade, seasonings, and cornstarch.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry onions, peppers and carrots in oil for 2-4 minutes until tender. Add beef and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until heated through. Add bouillon mixture and cook until thickened. Simmer 3 minutes. Serve over hot rice. Garnish with orange segments.
Delish!! For the water and bouillon I used leftover Au Jus and for the beef I used leftover Prime Rib Roast Beef With Fresh Garlic and Rosemary. For the carrots I used leftover Carrots Provencal. Served over Green Tea Rice. I added the carrots along with the beef since they were cooked. Yummy Comfort food. Quick and easy made with leftovers.