Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an excellent, quick-fix dinner to cook during the busy work week. If you usually like "extra" sauce, this recipe makes plenty without changing any of the quantities.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into thin strips on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup orange rind, cut into slivers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a wok or skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef strips 1/3 at a time and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels when done.
- Add orange peel, garlic and ginger to wok.
- Add the beef back in and stir-fry 1 minute.
- In medium bowl combine cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sherry, marmalade and red pepper.
- Pour into beef, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot over rice.
This recipe was horrible. I thought it was funny using round steak but I tried it anyway and I was correct just had a taste that was wrong for the dish. Also the "sauce" is not a sauce it is more like a gravy. Asian dishes have a thick sauce that clinges to the food and rice. Sorry but I was just dissapointed
SOOOOOOOO quick and EASY to do! This is DEFINATELY a keeper too! LOVE orange rind, healthy for you! Is one of those recipe that you can't stuff it up no matter what you do! Thanks!