Recipe by *PENNY*
This is an excellent, quick-fix dinner to cook during the busy work week. If you usually like "extra" sauce, this recipe makes plenty without changing any of the quantities.
Top Review by MBS00
This recipe was horrible. I thought it was funny using round steak but I tried it anyway and I was correct just had a taste that was wrong for the dish. Also the "sauce" is not a sauce it is more like a gravy. Asian dishes have a thick sauce that clinges to the food and rice. Sorry but I was just dissapointed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut into thin strips on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup orange rind, cut into slivers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef strips 1/3 at a time and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towels when done.
- Add orange peel, garlic and ginger to wok.
- Add the beef back in and stir-fry 1 minute.
- In medium bowl combine cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sherry, marmalade and red pepper.
- Pour into beef, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot over rice.