Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1 lb top round beef, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, in 1 inch pieces
- Combine the beef, 1 tbsp.
- of the cornstarch and the orange rind in a bowl, toss thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine the soy sauce and remaining cornstarch and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add the chicken broth, orange juice, sugar and red pepper flakes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the ginger and green beans and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, or until the beans are crisp-tender.
- Stir the reserved sauce and pour it into the skillet.
- Bring it to a boil and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until the sauce is thick and glossy.
No fresh green beans at this time of year so I used the traditional broccoli. Also used orange juice concentrate for more umph!! Also added more pepper flakes. Served over rice this was a terrific dinner. I liked the orange flavour. Thanks again Dancer^.
This was pretty good, but I thought it missed some umpff. First, I used flank steak because I find round steak too tough. I think it could use a tad more red pepper flake. I would also like too punch up the orange flavor, I wonder if you could do a marinade with an extra combo of the soy sauce, chicken broth, orange juice , sugar and pepper flake, marinate for an hour or so?