Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Slivered orange zest, orange marmalade, and red pepper flakes add strong, hot citrus flavor to this stir-fry of round-steak strips. Steamed rice is a perfect accompaniment for this dish.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb round steak, cut into thin strips on the diagonal
- 1⁄4 cup orange peel, cut into slivers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a wok or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef strips 1/3 at a time.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until browned, removing the done pieces to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Return all the beef to the wok.
- Stir in orange peel, garlic, and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, sherry, marmalade, and red pepper.
- Pour this mixture into the beef, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.