1/1 Photo of Spicy Orange and Sesame Chicken Sandwiches
These would be great for a picnic. From Country Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g boneless chicken breasts (with skin)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 36.97 ml sesame oil
- 36.97 ml soy sauce
- 3.69 ml hot sauce
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 7.39 ml sesame seeds
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 3 large pocket-style pita bread, halved
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Season the chicken on all sides with the salt and pepper and place in a baking dish.
- 3Dot the top of the skin with the butter and place in the oven on the center rack. Roast for 10 minutes.
- 4Mix the marmalade, sesame oil, soy sauce, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl and use it to baste the chicken frequently until the meat reaches 167F-about 20 more minutes.
- 5Adjust oven to broil, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the chicken and broil until seeds are toasted and skin is crispy- about 1 minute.
- 6Remove chicken from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Bring the basting sauce to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 7Cut the skin and pith from the oranges and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Remove any seeds.
- 8Slice the chicken and place equal amounts of it, the oranges, and lettuce leaves inside the pitas. Drizzle each sandwich with the boiled sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Orange and Sesame Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.1
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 1001.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 28.2 g