Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
It seems like so much goes into these little pieces of heaven, but it's quick and easy to make. I serve these with zesty oven fries, which can be found on this site... and a pickle on the side!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 small sausage links, cut up in small bits
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 20 garlic-flavored croutons, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated
- 5 hamburger buns, toasted
- 5 slices tomatoes
- 2 pickles, quarterd
Directions See How It's Made
- Add first 14 ingredients in large bowl and mix with hands until thoroughly mixed.
- Form into 5 patties and put quarter size dents in the middle of them with your fingers to keep from shrinking.
- In large skillet heat olive oil (divide oil in 2 if you are doing two batches) and place formed patties separated from each other.
- Place onion slices in skillet around the hamburger patties, and cook until tender.
- Cook patties 5 minutes on each side before flipping and continue to cook until done.
- Place hamburger patties on toasted buns and add a sliced tomato to each sandwich. Top burgers with sauteed onion slices. Dress with ketchup and mustard, or horseradish and Dijon.
- Place pickle between zesty oven fries and spicy onion burgers and serve immediately.