Recipe by Bone Man
This sauce turns a ho-hum omelette into something very special. I came up with it about 15 years ago and my buddies require me to make it when they come for a weekend visit. I ladle some inside the omelette with the cheese and a little on top for added eye appeal. Make it as hot as you want at the table by adding hot pepper sauce. Fast and easy!
- 15 ounces stewed tomatoes (canned, chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil, hot (cooking oil)
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup salsa verde
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large no-stick skillet over medium heat, pour in the cooking oil and the butter.
- When the oil has heated some, drop in the onion and minced garlic and sauté until the onion has tenderized.
- Next add the stewed tomatoes with the juice and the salsa verde. Allow this blend to reduce for about 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring frequently.
- Add the honey and sauté for 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve inside and on top of your omelettes.