Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from having two or three of each kind of gourmet olive left. I ended up with a few almond stuffed, garlic stuffed and jalapeno stuffed after a party and decided to go for it.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped jalapeno stuffed olives (add whatever kind of goumet olives you may have on hand)
- 1 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, black pepper and Tabasco in food processor or by hand.
- When smooth add remaining ingredients.
- Pulse if using processor.
- DO NOT OVERPROCESS!
- The olives and pecans should still be identifiable.
- Refrigerate till ready to use.
Different, different, different... =) and soooooooo gooood! Changed this recipe just a bit. Used yogurt "cheese" in place of mayo and it was delicious!! Thanks riff for this unusual and very tasty recipe.
I made a version of this last night -- and got RAVE reviews! I was one hour away from company arriving and had nothing to serve! A quick assessment of the fridge found some kalamatas, a 1/2 jar of pimento stuffed olives, a few pimento strips in a jar, and some feta stuffed olives and nuts always in the baking cabinet. Due to no jalapenos, and I added a little more tabasco, and a little more black pepper. I served with crackers and grape tomatoes -- because the spread is a little salty and a little peppery, it went great with the tomatoes! Yum - I'll be making it again!
This is great! I love any blend of olives and cream cheese, but adding the jalapeno olives and the bit of hot sauce really makes this great. I prepared this for as one of many appys for an Autumn party featuring soups. The guests loved it. I am keeping this mind to use to stuff celery.