Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is my own fusion of middle eastern dishes. Enjoy with a side of rice or pita bread.Seasonings are to taste.
- 14 ounces of whole baby okra (or equivalent)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3⁄4-1 cup water (approximately)
- garlic pepper seasoning
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- corn oil, to fry okra
- Fry frozen okra in hot oil until golden brown(this will ensure okra stays closed and not slimy.
- Set okra aside.
- In a skillet combine tomato, onion, garlic, and jalapeno pepper and fry in about 1/8 cup oil until it becomes saucy.
- Then add water and tomato sauce to skillet and stir.
- Add okra and seasonings and let cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Set aside for about 10 minutes and stir fry will thicken slightly.