Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you cannot find okra substitute zucchini. Serve as a vegetable accompaniment or serve with rice.
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces okra, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat a non stick frying pan and dry fry th onion and garlic until soft. Add the okra and red pepper and cook to soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, thyme and bouillon powder. Add the kidney beans and bay leaves and allow to simmer for 20 minutes Serve.