Baby Kato's Note:
Sweet, fluffy, filling sandwiched between chewy oatmeal cookies. What could be better? Nothing if you ask my dh, this is one of his personal favourites. These treats never last long at my house.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 2/3 cups sugar, brown
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, pure extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 4 cups oats, old fashioned
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Cream the shortening and sugar in a large bowl.
- 4Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg, then add the vanilla and mix well.
- 5Combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices mix well and add to creamed mixture, then stir in the oats.
- 6Drop by rounded teaspoon, two inches apart onto lightly greased sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool.
- 8While the cookies are cooling, grab a small bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and marshmallow crème together.
- 9Add the vanilla to the milk.
- 10Next add the milk slowly to the marshmallow mixture, to get a nice spreading consistency you may not need to use all the milk.
- 11Spread filling on one cookie and top with another cookies.
- 12Get yourself a big glass of cold milk and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2719 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3007.7
- Calories from Fat 1187
- Total Fat 131.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.5 mg
- Sodium 1176.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 424.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.2 g
- Sugars 246.7 g
- Protein 40.5 g