Recipe by Michelle Berteig
A co-worker brought these in to share for the holidays. They were delicious, soft and chewy. I asked her for the recipe, and here it is:
Top Review by linkinparkrks
I have made these a couple times now and my only complaint is that the original recipe is not spicy at all. It needs wayyy more cinnamon. I usually do 1 TBSP. cinnamon and a little bit of nutmeg and ginger as well. Then they are delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt, add to the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.