Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the flavor the molasses gives there cookies. From Southern Living.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups uncooked oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 3 ingredients; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Add eggs; beat until blended.
- In another bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon; stir to combine.
- Add to the shortening mixture; beat until blended.
- Add in the oats, raisins, and pecans, if desired; stir to combine.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
I just loved the deep , dark , richness the molasses gives to these cookies !! They stay moist and chewy , the perfect oatmeal cookie if you ask me !!!