- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups nuts, any kind
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons dried chipotle powder (or any kind)
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup key lime juice (little Mexican limes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add nuts and cook about 5 minutes on medium low, stirring the nuts. Add brown sugar and stir until sugar is slightly caramelized.
- Add paprika, chile powder, cumin and salt. Stir until well coated, a couple of minutes.
- Add lime juice and, with a spatula, push nuts around, being sure to get the fond off the bottom of the skillet. When lime juice has evaporated, pour nuts on cookie sheet and bake 6 minutes at 350 degrees.