Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Baby carrots with a zip! These are cooked in the microwave for a quick vegetable side.
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Rinse the carrots and place in a small microwave dish.
- Microwave for 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender/ stirring once.
- Stir in the butter, nutmeg, garlic salt and red pepper; toss to coat and serve.
Five minutes in my microwave and this dish was ready for the table. I microwaved ALL the ingredients together. I will be making this one again. If there are children around I'll have a second batch made without the cayenne pepper for them. Made for Recipe Swap #62 Australian/New Zealand Cooking game
Delicious and easy. A great side for our turkey dinner. I grew up with nutmeg on carrots, as my grandmother always made them that way, but the addition of the garlic (I used powder instead of salt), and the cayenne really made these great.
I had made this over the holidays and realized that I never reviewed it. It was made for a dinner party and all the guests raved over the flavor of the carrots. For such a simple and easy recipe, it really delivered on taste. Thanks for sharing!