Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on the Old Farmer's Almanac site. It is GOOD! A nice alternative knosh for non sweets cravers on the holiday trays.
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pistachios, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine nuts and oil until nuts are well-coated. Add hot sauce and stir well to coat.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to nut mixture and stir well to coat.
- Turn nuts onto rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or Silpat and bake, stirring ingredients two or three times, 15 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to another baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container.
The description is right -- this really is a good alternative nut snack. Ours needed a good deal more salt, but otherwise just right.