We love these noodles! I also added some julienned snow peas, which I added at the same time as the carrots and zucchini. Noodles-which are staples in Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, the Philippines and Myanmar (formerly Burma)-are showing up everywhere these days. Cutting vegetables in julienne style is a Western technique. Recipe from Bon Appétit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons matchstick-size strips fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (more to taste)
- 9 ounces Asian noodles (somen)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves (may sub cilantro)
- 1Cut carrots, zucchini and green onions into matchstick-size strips.
- 2Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons ginger and 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic; sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add carrots, zucchini, half of green onions and sesame oil; sauté 2 minutes. Add remaining ginger and garlic; sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1 minute longer.
- 3Using slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to bowl.
- 4Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 1/4 cups water, coconut milk, soy sauce and curry paste to same skillet. Stir until smooth. Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 6 minutes. Add sautéed vegetables and remaining onions.
- 5Meanwhile, cook somen in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Transfer to large bowl.
- 6Add vegetable mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle nuts and mint over.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Noodles With Ginger and Fresh Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 195.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste