Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one from Betty Crocker's Cook It Quick Cookbook.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cansof ready-to-serve vegetable broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) canvacuum-packed whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broth to boiling in Dutch oven.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
What a SUPER easy soup to make and it was incredibly tasty!
This is a simple noodle version of tortilla soup. I used fresh corn cut from the cob and petite diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of the salsa. I also subbed cheddar instead of the parmesan cheese. The meal came together quickly and was very flavorful.