1/3 Photos of Spicy Noodle Salad
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
This delicious noodle salad is low in fat and so high in flavor. The noodles are cooked, as is the dressing. The cooked dressing coats the cabbage nicely adding color and lots of flavor. This recips is very easy to half for a family of 4. From "Company's Coming Low-Fat Cooking".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup instant low-fat chinese noodles, broken (I use Rooster Brand Instant Noodles)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded (or green cabbage)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder or 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, dried
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1Put noodles into medium bowl; Pour boiling water over noodles; let stand for 5 minutes; drain; rinse with cold water and return to bowl.
- 2In a large bowl combine cabbage, onions, pepper, carrot and sesame seeds; toss.
- 3To make the dressing, heat oil in a small skillet or saucepan; saute garlic for 1 minute; add water, ginger, bouillon, chilies, and honey; bring to a boil.
- 4Stir soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and cornstarch together in a small cup until smooth; pour into hot bouillon chili mixture; stir until boiling and thickened.
- 5Remove dressing from heat and cool slightly.
- 6Add cool noodles to cabbage mixture; pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- 7Makes 7 cups - This salad is excellent 1/2 hour to a day after being made; store in a sealed container in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 240.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g