Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious tomato sauce with a little kick. Perfect for all ages. Can use fresh basil & oregano or dried and adjust the measurements to your liking.
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 1 onion (minced or chopped)
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (or less depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces medium pasta shells
- Place minced onions in medium saucepan and medium heat, let cook while you are slicing tomatoes.
- Slice tomatoes in rings (circles) and then quarter into 4 sections.
- Add tomatoes to saucepan with onions. Let cook together for approx 2 minutes.
- Add the can of tomato sauce, oregano, basil, black pepper & olive oil.
- Stir all items together and bring to a boil.
- Once pot is boiling turn to low and cook for 45 minute ** taste halfway through and add more seasonings if need be***.
- While sauce is cooking, cook noodles per instructions on box.
- After 45 min combine sauce & noodles and enjoy.