Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my heros at America's Test Kitchen (Cooks Illustrated, Summer 2008). The cooking time is actually the resting time needed for the acid in the lime juice to mellow the flavors. Match this to grilled pork, chicken, shrimp, or scallops.
- 3 medium ripe nectarines, pitted and diced into 1/4 inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 ear of corn, husks and silk removed, kernels cut from cob (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 small habanero pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 14.79-29.58 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- sugar, to taste (if tart)
- 29.58 ml fresh chives, chopped
- In a medium bowl, toss together nectarines, corn, shallot, chile, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and salt. Let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with additional lime juice, salt, and sugar as needed. Stir in chives.
Being a huge fan of America's Test Kitchen I just had to try this and I am sure glad I did. It is really good. Sweet corn is just coming in season here and I have chives in my herb garden so I had all the best ingredients. I did use a Jalapeno from the garden instead of the habanero. I just made this and I plan to have it with some chicken. I'll bet you could use some nice peaches to change it up a bit. Thanks for posting .