1/2 Photos of Spicy Nasi Goreng
Mrs B's Note:
Nasi Goreng is an Indonesian dish. It’s easy to do and the variations are endless. To date, there are three other vegetarian versions posted on Zaar; but I’ve checked and this one is different. The recipe is borrowed from the BBC’s Good Food magazine and posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces long grain rice, rinsed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1Place the rice in a wok, add 600ml water and bring to the boil, cover and cook over a very low heat for 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed; tip the rice into a shallow dish and leave to cool.
- 2While the rice is cooling, heat the wok then add the eggs and stir until scrambled; tip out into a bowl and set aside.
- 3Whizz the garlic, half the chilli and half the onion to a paste in a blender.
- 4Heat the oil in the wok and fry the paste for 1 minute; add the rest of the onion and chilli, plus the pepper and carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes; add the cold rice and stir fry for 3 minutes; stir in the soy sauce, spring onions and eggs and fry until piping hot.
- 5Season and stir in the coriander leaves; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Nasi Goreng
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 911.3
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 1139.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 22.4 g