1/1 Photo of Spicy Nacho Soup
A great soup to warm you up. Adjust spiciness to your liking. Use regular Velveeta instead of Mexican-style (or half of each type) if you don't like that much heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup spicy vegetable juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed (called Velveeta Pepperjack)
- crushed tortilla chips, for garnish (optional)
- 1In a large soup pot, brown and crumble the ground beef with the onion, garlic and red bell pepper. Drain any excess fat and return to the pot.
- 2Add the chicken broth and spicy V-8 and bring to a soft boil.
- 3Stir in the refried beans, undrained diced tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, green chilies, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir until the refried beans are well incorporated.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 5Stir in the cubed Mexican Velveeta (or regular Velveeta or some of each).
- 6Allow to melt and heat through before serving.
- 7Serve with optional crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Nacho Soup
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.3
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 2010.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 42.8 g