Recipe by Kathy(
I had a 5-pound package of kielbasa that I wanted to use for an appetizer and went in search of something simple that I could prepare early in the day. Boy did I find a winner! The recipe is from FBNR.com (Favorite Brand Name Recipe web site). I highly recommend doubling or tripling the recipe, otherwise you'll be sorry when it disappears quickly and your guests are looking for more. If you have extra sauce, save it and use it to dip chicken nuggets or wings. I changed the directions to make this a more hostess-friendly recipe that can be prepared ahead of time and served hot in a small crock pot. Using a crock pot also makes it easier to prepare this at home and bring it to a party. You can play with the amount of honey. I think it could easily be decreased a bit to lower the calories and the hot sauce could be increased.
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 cup spicy brown mustard
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce (more if you like it hotter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice kielbasa into bite-size pieces. Using a griddle or frying pan, brown both sides of the kielbasa slices.
- While the kielbasa is grilling: In a large saucepan, combine mustard and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in hot sauce.
- Next, add the kielbasa to the honey-mustard sauce, stirring to coat.
- Transfer everything to a small crock pot or serving bowl and serve with toothpicks. I recommend using a crock pot -- then you don't have to worry about keeping them hot during the party.