Recipe by gourmandelle
This awesome recipe is for my non-veg readers. It’s a healthy recipe which I’m sure you’ll love.
- 1 kg mussels, unshelled
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 small dry chili peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 glass white wine
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt (optional, It is just as delicious dairy free, Your choice!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley or dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add diced onion. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, chili, wine, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sauté until cooked; about 20 minutes, not really sure.
- Add lemon juice, chopped herbs and yogurt (optional). Stir well.
- Best served with roasted veggies or baked potatoes with julienne onion on top.