Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gourmet. Jan 1990.
- 3 small leeks, split lengthwise, washed well, drained, and the white and pale green parts sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 lb small mushroom, quartered
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a microwave-safe dish combine the leeks and the butter and microwave mixture, covered with microwave-safe plastic wrap, at high power (100%), stirring once for 5 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and microwave the mixture for 5 minutes more, or until the leeks are tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, the wine, and the red pepper flakes and microwave the mixture, covered with the plastic wrap, at high power (100%) for 5 minutes.
- Stir the mixture and microwave it, uncovered, for 8 minutes more, or until the mushrooms are tender. Stir in the lemon juice and salt to taste.