Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in a leaflet. Tried it out last week and rather liked it. You can adjust the heat to your own liking (we like it hot). Could also be nice with diced chicken or fried tofu. Haven't tried that combination yet.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb mushroom (halved or quartered if they are too large)
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot red pepper sauce
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- Heat oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and chilies.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes, or until onion is transparent.
- Stir in vegetables; continue cooking for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Add tomato sauce, hot sauce, and basil.
- Bring to a boil.
- Nice over pasta, rice or couscous.