Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wanted to try something "new". So, I cooked this up.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (2 4 oz cans)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thymol seeds (optional)
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Heat the oil.
- Add cumin seeds, thymol seeds, asafoetida,onions and cilantro.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Add the remaining spices.
- Cook till the mushrooms are sort of fried - about 10 minutes.
- Serve with rotis.
- ** I used the canned mushrooms. So, in case you are using fresh ones, you might have to add a little water.