1/2 Photos of Spicy Mulligatawny Soup ( Chicken )
This is from Cooking Light. I love it but it is a bit spicy so to make it mild decrease the pepper flakes, use mild curry powder and use a mild chutney. Great over rice and with pita bread. If you make it spicy, it's wonderful with cucumber raita to cool it off!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup gala apples, chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat free chicken broth
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, to serve
- 1Chop chicken into small cubes.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a small pan. Add chicken and cook through. Set aside.
- 3Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a medium pot. Add apple, onion, carrots, celery and bell pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in flour, curry powder, ginger, pepper flakes and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in broth, chutney and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- 6Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes until it's heated through.
- 7Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro to serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mulligatawny Soup ( Chicken )
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 2410.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: