1/2 Photos of Spicy Mozzarella Beef Dip
My fiance "invented" this dip. He was just learning how to cook and this was the first thing he created without a recipe. Over the years, he has perfected it. It is now a family favourite. My FIL and step-daughter can't get enough of this. Every year, we get the family all together for the town Christmas parade then RUN back to the house for this dip and hot chocolate. It is the best part of the entire night!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets taco seasoning (extra spicy)
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 medium green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 medium red pepper, finely diced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated measurement)
- 1 (340 g) bag tortilla chips or 1 (340 g) bag corn chips
- 1Brown the ground beef in a large pan.
- 2Add the bacon bits, peppers, and the onion.
- 3Add taco seasoning packet and prepare according to back of package.
- 4After water has been absorbed, add the cheese in small amounts. Stir in between handfuls to insure that the cheese is melted.
- 5Add the tomato, stir it inches.
- 6Put in crock pot to keep it warm. He usually preheats the crock pot to high. And then after dumping it all in, turns it down to low.
- 7He likes to leave it on low for about an hour or so. It really helps to blend the flavours. There is no reason why it can't be eaten right away though! Or even leave it on all afternoon.
- 8Use the corn chips to scoop up the dip. You can eat it straight out of the crock pot fondue style or dish it into little bowls for individual servings.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mozzarella Beef Dip
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.8
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 153.3 mg
- Sodium 691.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 52.3 g