Recipe by cherij22
This recipe I got out of the Weight Watchers cookbook Nov/Dec 2007. I have made it with or without the coucous and it's really good either way. It's a different tasting stew than i'm used to but it had a nice flavor. This stew is 4 points for 1 cup serving of stew & 1/2 cup couscous.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with garlic, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) bag carrots, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby arugula
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the beans, broth, carrots, curry, cinnamon, and cayenne in a large saucepan; cover and bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, until the carrots are tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the turkey. Reduce teh heat and dsummer until the turkey is heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the arugula and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in the couscous and salt. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve with the stew.