Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious kebab served over couscous with a dollop of Greek yogurt on the side. Recipe is from Cooking Light. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 22.18 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 22.18 ml chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 3.05 ml kosher salt, divided
- 4 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless (cut into 36 pieces)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- cooking spray
- 59.14 ml Greek yogurt
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 1/8 teaspoons salt. Scrap mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours; turning after 1 hour.
- Immerse 12 (8-inch) wooden skewers in water; soak for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry,.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread 3 chicken pieces, 1 pepper slice, and 1 tomato alternately onto each skewer, beginning and ending with chicken; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt. Arrange skewers on grill rack, coated with cooking spray, grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with yogurt.
These are so great, the marinade is delicious and very easy to put together and I made it just as directed. I made it for Everyday is a Holiday Tag and it is a definite keeper.
What an interesting dish...hubby ate everything on his plate...now me...I found the spice on the strong side...I know...that's not like me...but it is what it is..the yogurt was a nice touch on the side...it did cut down on the heat...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
Totally delicious was our verdict, my Husband just looked at me and said this one is a keeper the flavour is wonderful, I followed the recipe exactly but only had 1 tablespoon of sambal Oelek left but it was hot enough for us. We served it with new potatoes and salads actually I would give it 5 1/2 stars but the rating does not go up that far.