Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a complex and exotic butter and goes great with sweet potatoes, or stirred into a soup(chickpea is good)! Adapted from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone cookbook by Deborah Madison.
- 1 bunch scallion, white parts only
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 14.79 ml sweet paprika
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 2 tlbs. chopped cilantro
- 0.59 ml salt
- 113.39 g butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- Place the scallions, garlic, ground spices, herbs, and 1/8 teaspoons salt in a food processor and process to form a slightly rough paste.
- Stir paste into the butter with the lime juice.
- Add to pasta, beans, rice, soup, vegetables, etc. Enjoy!
Super yummy, easy and tasty recipe!
I loved the spice and herb combo as well as the exotic touch.
I served this with boiled popatoes, but would fix with meat, rice and so on.
Thanks a lot for this recipe.
Who knew that butter could be improved upon? This mixture is just delicious, and I think I will have to have a jar of it in the fridge to elevate the ordinary dishes where I would use butter as an accent, into something even tastier. I bet I can find uses every day! It is indeed great on vegetables, but tonight I used it to butter hamburger buns and toasted them on the BBQ while the burgers cooked....YUM! Thank you Sharon for this gem of a recipe.
I tried this in baked sweet potatoes. It was a big hit with me! I loved the spicy, smoky flavors. Next time though I will cut back on the scallions. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.