Prep 50 mins
Cook 12 mins
These will give you a warm feeling on crisp autumn afternoons:)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar or 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- granulated sugar, for coating
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the molasses and egg; blend until smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir into the creamed mixture just until combined.
- Gently stir in the raisins.
- Cover and chill dough about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1" balls; roll in granulated sugar to coat generously.
- Space 2" apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are firm and the centers are still slightly soft.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.