Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a heart healthy snack that everyone loves. this will keep, covered, for a week
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch onion salt
- 2 cups peanuts or 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- cooking spray
- combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- preheat oven to 300.
- line a baking pan with tin foil, spray with cooking spray.
- spread the mixture in pan and bake for 15 minutes, stirring once.
- cool in pan, about 15 minutes.
These nuts have the most intriguing, complex, and addictive, spicy flavor. I used mostly almonds for the nuts, since that's what I had on hand, and included all of those tasty seeds. While I was just dumping everything in the bowl, I wondered what could come out of all these disparate ingredients, especially the oj! After 15 minutes of baking, my nuts and seeds were not quite done, so I had to leave them in at least another 8 minutes. My DH followed his nose into the kitchen, took a mouthful of those spicy nuts and rewarded me with a big smile. Chia, you are rewarded with a high five for this delicious snack.
just made these for a party next week. i didn't include the seeds but added more nuts -- cashews, hazelnuts, penuts, cashews, brazil nuts and pecans. it is sooo good. this will become a staple in my party pantry.