Recipe by Netgirl's Healthy Cookbook
This recipe was adapted from the recipe "A Recipe For The One Who Is Getting Some Kind Of Cold" from the book "I Like Food, Food Tastes Good". It is my go-to soup when I'm feeling under the weather or even when my co-workers are and I want to bolster my immune system.
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dulse seaweed, powder
- 2 ounces mushrooms (4 large?)
- 14 ounces soft tofu
- 2 ounces cellophane noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, pressed (5 cloves?)
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 2 scallions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (try 1/4 tsp next time)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, boil some water with the seaweed and mushrooms.
- When water starts to boil, add noodles, tofu, and 2/3 of the ginger, and 1/3 of the garlic.
- Lower the heat, add miso.
- Add scallions and additional ginger and garlic.
- Add pepper and cayenne.
- If desired, you should add enough ginger and garlic to feel a buzz and you should be sweating.