Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
My Thai Kitchen contest winner!!
- 1 lb buckwheat noodle
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white miso
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted red chili paste
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine rice noodles with edamame, cucumber, and onions.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, rice vinegar, white miso, soy sauce, chili paste, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic together with a whisk.
- Pour sauce over noodle mixture; toss until all noodles are evenly coated. Top with bean sprouts and cilantro.
Doubled the sauce and used regular whole wheat noodles (fusilli), but otherwise, the flavor was amazing. Think I've found something new to send my monsters for lunch! Thanks!
Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2008. The flavor of this spicy sauce is INCREDIBLE. (I highly recommend "Lan Chi" chile paste with garlic with a green label, available in Asian markets.) This was my first time trying buckwheat noodles and cooking with miso, and I enjoyed both. I used an 8 oz package of noodles and kept all other amounts the same. Also we tried it both ways and this dish is much better hot. Next time I will put the noodles back in the hot pan on the burner and then add in the sauce. A yummy and filling vegetarian dinner - congratulations on winning the contest!