1/2 Photos of Spicy Miso and Pumpkin Soup
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This comes from Delicious Living and this is what they say: "Sweet and spicy, this thick soup uses a white miso base for flavor and nutrition. Serving tip: Present as an elegant start to any meal. For a more substantial soup, add cooked white beans and a handful of baby spinach leaves just before serving. "
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup plain soymilk
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf
- roasted soybeans, for garnish
- 1In a medium pot, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- 2Add pumpkin purée, broth, water, cayenne pepper, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 3Add soy milk and miso; cook for 1 minute more (do not boil).
- 4Transfer soup to a food processor and purée until smooth.
- 5Add basil and purée for 30 seconds. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 6Serve hot, sprinkled with soy nuts.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Miso and Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 345.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth