Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This comes from Delicious Living and this is what they say: "Sweet and spicy, this thick soup uses a white miso base for flavor and nutrition. Serving tip: Present as an elegant start to any meal. For a more substantial soup, add cooked white beans and a handful of baby spinach leaves just before serving. "
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup plain soymilk
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- roasted soybeans, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, broth, water, cayenne pepper, and white pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add soy milk and miso; cook for 1 minute more (do not boil).
- Transfer soup to a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Add basil and purée for 30 seconds. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with soy nuts.